Tax assistant Fiona Wright has a new skill under her belt.
The 20-year-old martial artist, who works in the Poole office of chartered accountants PKF Francis Clark, has qualified as a taekwondo instructor.
Fiona is already a black belt 2nd Dan after taking part in the sport for seven years.
She is now starting a new class for four to seven year olds – called Kickstars – at New Milton Taekwondo Club where she has been a member since 2009.
“It’s a great sport and very popular. There’s a real demand for taekwondo among young children and early indications are that the new class is going to be very popular,” said Fiona.
A former student at The Arnewood School, Fiona joined Princecroft Willis as an apprentice in 2014. The firm merged with PKF Francis Clark in April.
Her sister, Steph, is also an accomplished taekwondo martial artist and will join Fiona in teaching the new Kickstars class.
Taekwondo as a sport originates from South Korea and has over 60 million practitioners in 184 countries. It has its roots in various Korean forms of martial arts stretching back more than 2,000 years.
The name Taekwondo literally translates as the way of the foot and the fist. ‘Tae’ means to break or attack with the foot, ‘kwon’ means to break with the fist and ‘do’ translates as the art or way.
The new classes at New Milton Taekwondo Club start on May 7. To sign up either call or text 07922 826853 or email email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
About PKF Francis Clark
- PKF Francis Clark LLP is the largest independent firm of chartered accountants in the South West. The firm provides advice and support for personal clients and businesses across a variety of sectors including charities, renewables, healthcare, leisure and tourism, property, professional practices and rural business.
- The firm is ranked 25th in the Accountancy Age Top 50 Chartered Accountancy practices and 20th in the Accountancy Live Top 60.
- The Corporate Finance team at Francis Clark has been named as ‘Corporate Finance Advisory Team of the Year’ in the influential South West Insider Annual Dealmaker awards.
- PFK Francis Clark is the winner of the 2014 British Accountancy Awards ‘Top 50 Corporate Finance Team of the Year’
- PKF Francis Clark is the winner of the 2014 LexisNexis ‘VAT Team of the Year’.
- In 2013 Francis Clark were named within the ‘Top 1000 companies to inspire Britain’ in the London Stock Exchange report’.
- PKF Francis Clark is the winner of the 2012 LexisNexis ‘Best Tax Practice in a regional firm’.
- PKF Francis Clark is the winner of the 2012 British Accountancy Awards ‘Tax Award of the Year (non global firm)’.
- For more information visit www.francisclark.co.uk
- PKF Francis Clark LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC349116.