Clive Emson Land and Property Auctioneers is reporting sales of £14 million from the Spring 2019 sale.
The auction – the third one of eight sales this year took place across five days in five venues from April 29 to May 3.
Britain’s largest independent regional land and property auctioneer achieved a sale rate in excess of 70 per cent after cataloguing 138 lots.
Managing Director James Emson is putting this successful outcome down to packed salerooms, sensible guiding and competitive bidding.
He said: “The professional advice provided by our experienced regional teams helps to secure a vast array of varied lots which in turn attracts potential buyers to our salerooms in their droves.
“At the core of our business is the experience and honesty to recommend realistic guide and reserve prices which makes this transparent method of sale work for both buyers and sellers alike.
“Of course, some lots prove particularly popular and it is one of the joys of being in this business to witness prolonged and competitive bidding.”
Highlights of the Spring auction included:
- Enthusiastic bidding led to a well-located, four-storey mixed commercial/residential premises in Torquay’s Union Street sell for £267,500. The lower two floors are occupied by an estate agent at £22,500 pa with the flat above vacant (pictured).
- A two bedroom bungalow needing upgrading but with potential on a 0.04-acre plot in Aldershot went for £200,000 after a saleroom bidding war.
- Keen interest translated into sustained bidding as a semi-detached house needing modernisation in popular Chertsey, Surrey, went under the gavel at £249,000.
- Saleroom bidding led to a 1.45-hectare (3.59-acre) plot of grazing land in a sought-after Bucks Hill hamlet near Kings Langley, Herts, to sell for £194,000 freehold.
- A two bedroom, detached bungalow needing improvement but with North Downs views in Aylesford, Kent sold for £245,000 on the instructions of the Power of Attorney.
Clive Emson’s innovative new series of fixed date, real time online auctions is going from strength to strength – the next round concludes on June 20.
The firm holds a regional auction at five locations every six weeks. The fourth sale of 2019, starting at 11am, is at the following venues:
Essex & North and East London – Monday, June 10 at the Chelmsford City Racecourse, Chelmsford.
Sussex & Surrey – Tueday, June 11 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole, Brighton.
Kent & SE London – Wednesday, June 12 at the Clive Emson Conference Centre, Detling, Maidstone, Kent.
West Country – Thursday, June 13, at the St Mellion International Resort, Saltash.
Hampshire & Isle of Wight – Friday, June 14, at the Solent Hotel at Whiteley, near Fareham.
Online Auction – Thursday, June 20, www.cliveemson.co.uk/online
- Clive Emson Auctioneers has 50 staff and is a property and land auctioneer to estate agents, commercial property agents, statutory bodies and private clients. It was established by namesake founder and Chairman Clive Emson in 1989, and holds eight auctions a year across five venues.
The firm’s reach is across southern England, from Kent to Cornwall and now Essex and North and East London too with a new office in Chelmsford and it is one of the top four auctioneers in the UK by way of value and volume of residential sales.
Lots regularly generate newsworthy stories, from nuclear bunkers and sea forts to churches, clubs, pubs, former public toilets and historic properties, as well as the more usual homes under the hammer and which are often of keen interest to local residents. A number of newspapers utilise the news releases to run as ‘What’s Happening Here?’ columns.
Website: www.cliveemson.co.uk Tel: 0345 8500333.
- News release issued by:
Cliff Moore, Account Director
Deep South Media